Yesterday my mom lost her sister. She lived in FL and we hadn't seen her in a few years. I know my mom is hurting because of that.
We booked our flights when we got the news that there was no hope as we wanted to be there with my cousins as they turned off the machines. We didn't make it. Our hearts broke as we canceled flights to FL and started to make other arrangements to gather here in MN as this is where she wanted her final resting place to be. Her husband, my uncle, died much to young at the age of 40 and she will be laid to rest next to him and across from her parents (my grandparents). Sad sad times. I do take some comfort knowing that all my family will be flying home to Minnesota. I LOVE spending time with my family, I just wish it were different reasons .
Losing my aunt suddenly has made me want to cling to my family tell them how much I love them. You just never know...
No comments:
Post a Comment