Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Laudie, where are you?!

I forget when you say to a kid "Sure I'll stop by your field trip" they really expect you to be there. And when I wasn't, I got a wake up call that started with "Laudie, I'm here already where are you"?
Last night was my late night at work, so I had today off. Actually, it ended earlier than normal so I was home by 1:30am. Kyleigh called around 10:30am and after I quickly got dressed, threw some pigtails in my hair--I made it to the park by 11am. Her class had just finished lunch so we all started our hike to the DQ for a treat. I was really happy about this because I got to have dairy queen for my breakfast/lunch.
After DQ I took 6 kids on a peddle bike ride, man that was exhausting. Then we met their teacher at the playground where she asked me to watch the class while she took some of "the quite kids" on a nature hike. Yep, I was left to look after the class for about an hour and 45 mins. That was harder than I thought. I have SO much respect for teachers. I was so bummed I forgot my camera.
Whew. What a day.

No comments: